X-Ray Facility User Fees
Current Fees Effective from July 01, 2019
A purchase order number and line number are required before XRF can begin services for both internal and external customers.
After providing the services free of charge since its inception in 1994, the XRF Director was asked in 2010 to charge the users, a fee to defray the cost of running the Facility. A fee structure was implemented in July 2010 and update every year to recoup only the consumable expenses. The rates will be adjusted annually or as needed to reflect the actual cost of consumables and other expenses. To encourage new users and expand the user base, exploratory use will remain free of charge.
The usage fee structures are shown below for home-source screening and data collection, synchrotron-source data collection, protein crystal screening, plate imaging, and mail-in data collection.
Home-source usage fee
Crystal Screening Service fee
- ARI Crystal Gryphon 96-well plate set-up: $19.31/plate [all supplies provided by the user; Lab Crystal Robot]
- Formulatrix Formulator 16: Screen set-up [coming soon!]
- Formulatrix Rock Imager: $2.63/usage
Synchrotron-source Usage fee
- Mail-in crystallography [Mail-in]: $250.00/mail-in
- In-person/remote data collection [Remote]: $149.50/hour
- Two-day Mail-in shipping fee [Shipping] (one-way): $34/one-way
- Two-day Mail-in shipping fee (two-way):$71/two-way
Updated: July 23, 2019.