Protein Crystallization and X-Ray Diffraction (pcxrd)
The practical course in crystallization and diffraction is intended to be a precursor to a graduate level macromolecular crystallization special topics course but the emphasis here will be more hands-on training and lab work than the graduate course.
- Duration of the program: 3 h/session | 3 sessions/week | ~3 weeks total
- Areas covered: Wet-lab (biochemistry), instrumentation (cryo and ambient crystallography), and computation (data processing and visualization)
- 1. Symmetry, lattices, and unit cell [presentation] | 2. Crystals and protein crystallization set-up [hands-on]
- 3. Crystallization observation and optimization [hands-on] | 4. X-Rays, radiation safety and X-Ray generation [presentation]
- 5. Cryogenics safety and cryo crystallography [hands-on] | 6. X-Ray Diffraction set-up and data collection [hands-on]
- 7. Data processing and visualization [hands-on] | 8. Molecular graphics and data analysis [hands-on]
- Cambridge University (UK) Crystallography Course
- Bernard Rupp’s Crystallography 101
- Phenix Documentation | Coot Documentation | CCP4 Documentation |
- Crystal Scoring Sheet Fillable PDF (Form) | Crystal Scoring Reference Sheet
Updated: June 06, 2018.