Dr. Huan-Xiang Zhou’s Group
Office – KLB 419
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kinetics of protein association
- Mechanism of protein-protein association
- Dock-and-coalesce mechanism of disorder protein association
Protein-ligand interactions studied by electronic structure calculations
Molecular Modeling and Peptide Inhibitor Design
- Protein-ligand Docking and Screening were used to design peptide inhibitors for protein CypA and FKBP12.
A mathematic model for peptide inhibitor design was successfully developed through introducing the Hidden Markov Model.
Ph. D Fudan University, Shanghai, China Physics 2005-2010
A.B. Fudan University, Shanghai, China Physics 2001-2005
(1) X. Pang and H.-X. Zhou (2013). Poisson-Boltzmann calculations: van der Waals or molecular surface? Communications in Computational Physics. 13, 1-12.
(2) X. Pang, K. H. Zhou, S. Qin, and H.-X. Zhou (2012). Prediction and dissection of widely-varying association rate constants of actin-binding proteins. PLoS Computational Biology. 8, e1002696
(3) H.-X. Zhou, X. Pang, and L. Cai (2012). Rate constants and mechanisms of intrinsically disordered proteins binding to structured targets. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics. 14, 10466-10476
(4) X. Pang and H.-X. Zhou (2012). A common model for cytokine receptor activation: combined scissor-like rotation and self-rotation of receptor dimer induced by class I cytokine. PLoS Computational Biology. 8, e1002427
(5) S. Qin, X. Pang, and H.-X. Zhou (2011). Automated prediction of protein association rate constants. Structure. 19, 1744-1751
(6) X. Pang, S. Qin, and H.-X. Zhou (2011). Rationalizing 5,000-fold differences in receptor-binding rate constants of four cytokines. Biophysical Journal. 101, 1175-1183
(7) X. Pang, M. J. Zhang, L. X. Zhou, F. Xie, H. Lu, W. He, S. B. Jiang, L. Yu and X. Y. Zhang. (2011) Discovery of a Potent Peptidic Cyclophilin A Inhibitor Trp-Gly-Pro. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 46, 1701-1705
(8) X. Pang, L. X. Zhou, M. J. Zhang, L. L. Zhang, L. N. Xu, F. Xie, L. Yu and X. Y. Zhang. (2010) A Mathematical Model for Peptide Inhibitor Design. Journal of Computational Biology. 17, 1081-1093
(1) A common model for cytokine receptor activation: combined scissor-like rotation and self-rotation of receptor dimer induced by class I cytokine (poster). (2012) Biophysical Society 56th Annual Meeting, San Diego, California, USA